It is so important to get the design right. Details such as the side a gate swings from, angles in force yards, the length of gates, yard orientation, corners and the relative size of yards, all influence stock flow. This is why we focus on individual operations and customise a solution tailored to each site.
ProWay offer a comprehensive “on site design” evaluation and use survey technology to get a full understanding of your requirements. We also use quality satellite images to get an understanding of existing infrastructure and can overlay your design to give you a scaled and accurate concept before manufacturing commences.
Well-designed cattleyards will make your livestock operation more profitable for the following reasons:
- Less labour is required to efficiently handle cattle
- Good yards encourage timely husbandry
- Facilitate systems to effectively weigh, treat and draft stock to allow management and processing for specific markets
- Less stress and bruising on stock
This is why it’s important to get your yards right the first time.
ProWay design, manufacture and construct over
300 sets of stockyards each year.
Our designers have experienced the same issues you must work through. One of ProWay’s experienced stockyard designers can travel to your site, measure and assess the site and discuss your requirements.
- When on site, the designers:
- Areas we cover in your site assessment and design are:
- Measure up existing features to be incorporated into the design such as sheds, trees, existing fencelines, water troughs, sprinklers, crushes, dips etc
- Assess and measure the slope of the site
- Discuss stock movement to and from the yard
- Consider vehicle access and loading
- Discuss your stock handling requirements and your operation
- Draw up a customised stockyard design for you based on the above information and our experience
- Using natural stockflow principles to make stock handling stress free for the operator and animal
- Working around existing infrastructure such as sheds, remaining yards and permanent fixtures/services
- Safety issues for operators
- Factoring in existing or advising on appropriate weighing options, positioning of scales, weigh crates, or crushes
- Positioning of yards to maximise use of slope
- Roofing over yards by incorporating existing structures or planning new shed cover
- Handling race length and capacity
- Areas for contractors, scanning, treating, calf marking etc
ProWay draw up your new yards with accurate CAD software, showing dimensions and holding capacities, race arcs and how they incorporate existing features.
We can calculate concrete quantities and provide advice on drainage and preparing the site for your new yards. Your design will be suited specifically to your operation, ensuring the new yards will make processing your animals more efficient, safe and profitable.