To combat productivity losses ProWay has engineered the Sheep Bulk Handler.
The ‘Bulkie’ optimally positions and holds sheep, improving sheep handling efficiency and safety across most husbandry tasks. They’re ideal for drenching, vaccinating, capsuling, mouthing, back lining, jetting and tagging.
Most handlers on the market today create more problems than they solve. Getting individual sheep to run into a handler, then catching and controlling them requires time and significant operator effort.
How it Works
Sheep are ushered into the race section of the handler in groups of 20-30 at a time, depending on their size and wool. The grated floor is then lifted hydraulically, with sheep being brought to waist height of the operator.
The sheep are suspended on their underside. Sheep become very passive as they are caught as a group, in a natural position. Similar to shearing, if sheep are held properly they become submissive.
- Throughput levels are very high, as handling and filling times are quick and labour efficient.
- Operator fatigue and need for physical strength are minimised.
- Operators are physically separated from chemicals being applied by the sheeted sides, having minimal contact with the sheep.
- Isolation from the animals also minimises injury risk for the operator.
- Operators are far less likely to miss recalcitrant animals as sheep are unable to ‘tunnel’ and bury their heads.
- Animals are more likely to receive the correct dose, or have treatment applied in the correct pattern as they are confined and well presented.
The ProWay Bulk Handler can be comfortably worked by one operator as it fills easily, and all sheep are accessible from one side.
Enquire about these products
Want more information about Sheep Bulk Handler?Enquire Now