Facilities Designed to Maximise Profitability
The design of your facility is critical when maximising operation productivity and cost-effectiveness.
Well designed sale, processing, supply chain and livestock management infrastructure will make your livestock operation more profitable for the following reasons:
- A safe working environment for internal employees, livestock agents and public access where applicable
- Less labour is required to efficiently handle stock
- Less stress and bruising on stock
- Facilitate systems to effectively weigh, treat and draft stock to allow management and processing for specific markets.
This is why it’s important to get your facility design right the first time. ProWay’s site assessment and design service can help. ProWay design, manufacture and construct hundreds of sets of stockyards each year.
One of ProWay’s experienced Commercial Facility Designers can travel to your operation, measure and assess the site and discuss your requirements.
When on site, the designers:
- Measure up existing features to be incorporated into the design such as sheds, existing fence lines, services, water troughs, sprinklers, trees, crushes, dips etc.
- Assess the slope of the site
- Discuss stock movement to and from key areas of the facility
- Consider vehicle access and stock loading
- Discuss your stock handling requirements and unique operation needs
Areas we cover in your site assessment and design are:
- Using natural stock flow principles to make stock handling stress free for the operator and animal
- Working around existing infrastructure such as sheds, remaining yards and permanent fixtures/services
- Safety issues and standards for operators
- Factoring in existing or advising on appropriate weighing options, positioning of scales, weigh crates, or crushes
- EID requirements and advantages
- Loading options
- Positioning of yards to maximise use of slope
- Roofing over yards by incorporating existing structures or planning new shed cover
- Handling race length and capacity
- Areas for contractors, scanning, treating, calf marking etc
- Future expansion and growth
- Design Considerations
- Site Assessment Considerations
Innovation at the forefront of Commercial Operations
Proway has an extensive product library of designs and equipment that have been refined over the last 20 years. Our Design Teams and Engineers are continually innovating and improving on previous builds and value the feedback of existing clients and contractors who work in a ProWay designed facility.
ProWay prides itself on being a market leader in product innovation and its reputation in the industry is a testament to their extensive range of well-designed equipment and facilities.
Innovative product advancements include:
- ProWay Sheep Bulk Handler
- Remote Operated Cattle Rotary Force
- Lift Swing Sheep Rotary Force
- Adjustable Cattle Race
These innovative products are widely used through private and commercial ProWay facilities and are renowned for their improvements on operational safety, efficiency and productivity.