Facilities Designed to Maximise Profitability
The design of your facility is critical when maximising operation productivity and cost-effectiveness.
Well-designed sale, processing, supply chain and livestock management infrastructure will make your livestock operation more profitable for the following reasons:
- A safe working environment for internal employees, livestock agents and public access where applicable
- Less labour is required to efficiently handle stock
- Less stress and bruising on stock
- Facilitate systems to effectively weigh, treat and draft stock to allow management and processing for specific markets.
This is why it’s important to get your facility design right the first time. ProWay’s site assessment and design service can help. ProWay design, manufacture and construct over 300 sets of stockyards each year.
Our designers have experienced the same issues you must work through. One of ProWay’s experienced commercial facility designers can travel to your operation, measure and assess the site and discuss your requirements.
When on site, the designers:
- Measure up existing features to be incorporated into the design such as sheds, existing fence lines, services, water troughs, sprinklers, trees, crushes, dips etc
- Assess the slope of the site
- Discuss stock movement to and from key areas of the facility
- Consider vehicle access and stock loading
- Discuss your stock handling requirements and unique operation needs
- Develop a unique stockyard design for your operation based on the above information and our experience
Areas we cover in your site assessment and design are:
- Using natural stock flow principles to make stock handling stress free for the operator and animal
- Working around existing infrastructure such as sheds, remaining yards and permanent fixtures/services
- Safety issues for operators
- Factoring in existing or advising on appropriate weighing options, positioning of scales, weigh crates, or crushes
- EID requirements and advantages
- Loading options
- Positioning of yards to maximise use of slope
- Roofing over yards by incorporating existing structures or planning new shed cover
- Handling race length and capacity
- Areas for contractors, scanning, treating, calf marking etc
- Future expansion
- Design Considerations
- Site Assessment Considerations
Proway has an extensive product library of designs and equipment that have been refined over the last 20 years.
ProWay prides itself on being a market leader in product innovation and its reputation in the industry is a testament to their extensive range of well-designed equipment and facilities.
Innovative product advancements include:
- ProWay Sheep bulk handler
- Remote Operated Cattle rotary force
- Lift swing sheep rotary force
- Adjustable cattle race
help to maximise the performance of your operation.
The importance of customisation and bespoke solutions for our customers is highlighted by the variation of infrastructure and facilities we build throughout Australia and the world.