Well designed livestock handling facilities make your livestock operation more profitable. A ProWay livestock facility will ensure:
- Less labour is required to efficiently handle stock
- Timely husbandry
- The facilitation of systems to effectively weigh, treat and draft stock to allow management and processing for specific markets
- Stock is less stressed or bruised
It’s important to get your yards right the first time.
If having a more profitable operation is of interest to you, ProWay’s site assessment and design service can help. ProWay design, manufacture and construct more than 300 sets of stockyards each year. Our designers have experienced the same issues you work through and are committed to finding a solution that benefits your situation.
One of ProWay’s experienced stockyard designers can travel to your operation, measure and assess the site, and discuss your requirements.
When on site, our designers will:
- Measure up existing features to be incorporated into the design such as wool sheds, trees, existing fence lines, water troughs, sprinklers, dips etc
- Assess the slope of the site
- Discuss stock movements to and from the yard
- Consider vehicle access and loading
- Discuss your stock handling requirements and your operation
- Draw up a stockyard design for you based on the above information and our experience
The areas covered in your site assessment and design are:
- How to use natural stock flow principles to make stock handling stress free for the operator and animal
- Safety issues for operators
- Weighing options, positioning of scales, crate, weigh box or hanging crush-drafting after scales
- Which scales best suit your operation
- EID requirements
- Loading options
- The positioning of yards to maximise the use of slope
- Roofing over yards incorporating existing or planning new shedding positioning of posts
- Classing or stock-classing boxes
- Handling race length
- Calf marking
- Which crush best suits your operation
- Areas for contractors, scanning, dipping, lamb marking etc
- Future expansion
ProWay draws up your new yards with accurate CAD software, showing dimensions and holding capabilities, race lengths and how they incorporate existing features.
We will calculate concrete quantities and provide advice on drainage and preparing the site for your new yards.
We understand the requirements of your operation are unique, so our designs will be suited specifically to you.
No two operations are the same, that’s why ProWay approach stock yard design with an appreciation of individual requirements.